Welcome to my review of the Lifetime 73650 backboard and rim combo kit.
With its durable material, breakaway rim, polycarbonate backboard, and tons of happy users, this hoop is one of the favourites among many basketball fans.
So do you have a wall or a garage that’s ready to become a part of your home basketball court? Interested in installing a 73650 backboard and rim combo on it?
Keep reading my Lifetime 73650 backboard and rim combo kit review to learn more first!
Lifetime 73650 Backboard and Rim Combo Kit Review
The Lifetime 73650 backboard and rim combo kit are perfect for those who are on a limited spending plan. At under one hundred bucks, this is a terrific option.
The backboard on the Lifetime 73650 is 44 inches and is made from a combination of both acrylic and also polycarbonate parts.
Unlike tempered glass backboards, however, polycarbonate doesn’t have a great ball bounce. But if you want your hoop to last forever, this material will do!
Furthermore, the rim on this combination is quite good. It features 2 subjected springtimes that come back to their original position after the pressure of the dunk.
However, I do not recommend dunking on this hoop as it is not designed to take the heavy play.
One disadvantage to the Lifetime 73650 is that it does not come with an installing brace. If you need a mounting brace you will need to buy one independently.
In my opinion, Lifetime should just include this item as it is very important for the majority of people that purchase this hoop.
On the bright side, all hoops including this one are covered with a 5-year limited warranty.
All in all, Lifetime is a fantastic firm and this model is quite nice too. You can see more of our Lifetime basketball hoop reviews here.
Lifetime 73650 Backboard and Rim Combo Kit Features
Lifetime has actually done it once again by creating a model that’s made to last at a cost that fits every budget.
In terms of features, the 73650 Combo Kit is pretty basic in design. Its resilient layout, however, is where it truly shines.
This 44″ backboard is made out of thick polycarbonate unbreakable material that will prevent the board from smashing, cracking, as well as splitting.
That said, this is a massive plus if you are on a spending plan and are looking for a design that’s created to last.
This model includes a thick structure, installing uprights located on the back of the backboard, and also a long-lasting polyethene plastic backboard pad.
Furthermore, this setup also comes with the all-weather net, so you won’t have to take the web down during the rainy period.
The thick Slam It rim is designed for sturdy use, which makes it best for dunkers and also grownups that usually play rough.
The rim is constructed of strong steel, with welded steel hooks and also half-inch braces.
Nonetheless, because the rim is not adjustable, Lifetime 73650 is not really the best choice for younger players.
In fact, this will be a deal-breaker for families searching for a flexible wall-mounted system that will grow with their youngsters.
That said, keep in mind that, although you can dunk on this rim, it is not advised to hang.
Lifetime 73650 is covered by a five-year manufacturing facility warranty. This extensive service warranty will give you a lot more confidence while buying.
This is a great thing to see despite the fact this is a low-end hoop.
What Do I Like About Lifetime 73650 Combo?
A variety of the advantages of this hoop have been discussed at the start of the review. Let’s finalize all the interesting attractions of the Lifetime 73650 backboard and rim combo kit right here!
- This model is budget-friendly
- The backboard is super long-lasting
- A dual spring rim can take dunks
- Easy installation (brace sold separately!)
- Five-year manufacturer warranty
What I Don’t Like About Lifetime 73650 Combo?
In this in-depth Lifetime 73650 backboard and rim combo kit review, I’ll be discussing some major elements that I directly don’t like such as:
- Lifetime should include the mounting brackets
- The 44-inch backboard is small for adults
- This goop is not height adjustable
By the way, if you decide to get this one, get the brackets here and see the video below for easy installation tips…
Who is Lifetime 73650 Combo Best For?
Lifetime 73650 can manage plenty of rough play and is great for all types of basketball players.
If you’re new to the game, this hoop will help you to practice your shots at regulation height. It’s great for practising jump shots, layups, and dunks!
The lower price will likewise make it a great choice for the family on a budget to afford a new basketball hoop for home-usage.
What is Lifetime 73650 Combo Reviews Saying?
Out of 900+ reviews, more than 67% of the users rated Lifetime 73650 Backboard and Rim Combo with a positive review giving it 4-5 stars.
Most customers are happy with the longevity of the material. Despite years of use and abuse, 73650 stood the test of time.
On the other hand, a tiny portion of users complained about weak-quality material and malfunctions related to the installation system.
Common Positive Reviews
- Perfect replacement backboard for my old lifetime basketball hoop. My old backboard was broken all over and I didn’t want to buy a completely new system. This fit is perfect and the hoop is like new again. The only thing I wish it came with was a new support bracket. Well worth the money.
- I bought it in 2016 and I have not regretted it at all. It endured sitting out all winter, endured the high wind gusts, got blown over once and landed on the hoop and is ready for another season. It was kind of difficult to put together and I have had no problems at all.
Common Negative Reviews
- Shatterproof is questionable. Our first one only lasted a couple of years after light/casual use before half of shattered and fell off. We ordered this replacement only because we knew it would fit the stand we already had. One could argue that “Lifetime” as a brand name is a bit misleading.
- Ordered this backboard expecting a flimsy, an interior product that I wouldn’t recommend. Completely dissatisfied with the product itself not at all what I expected, and having to figure a workaround for mounting it as the separate mount I bought with it doesn’t go either… the instructions were extremely hard to read and follow.
For those who want a hoop without spending a fortune, the Lifetime 73650 Backboard and Rim Combo Kit is for you.
While it is not the greatest of them all, it is priced right and is great for families and everyone who is looking to shoot some hoops at home.
That said, you can’t expect too much from this combo. You do, however, get a decent quality polycarbonate board, and a durable rim.
What I like the most about this model are the backboard and its durability. Although some users say it’s not that great, it will last for a long time.
Moreover, a high-quality breakaway rim adds to the overall value. And since it’s installed on a wall, you can dunk on it without too much worry.
This makes this hoop a great purchase for all types of hoopsters!
With this, we have come to the end of my Lifetime 73650 Backboard and Rim Combo review. What do you like about it the most? Do let me know in the comment box below…